2013 BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid Information
Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Indian Wells, California
March 4 - 17, 2013
Be a Member of the Team!
- A unique opportunity to be on the same court as the BEST players in the world!
- Make new friends.
- Receive an official tournament uniform and program.
- Receive 2 daily complimentary grounds passes for entire tournament.
- Autograph sessions with ATP/WTA players.
- Receive an Official BNP Paribas Open Certificate of Participation.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A BALL KID
1. Ball kids must be between the ages of 12 and 20 years old.
2. Physically able to perform (2) hour on court sessions with one hour rest between on court sessions.
3. Download the training manual and successfully pass assessment. (Log-in information will be sent to you upon receipt of your completed Ball Kid application no earlier than Nov. 1, 2012)
4. Must work a minimum of (5) sessions which will include two (2) day sessions before end of play Monday, March 11.
5. Must participate and complete the following Training Session Requirements:
6. All "Out of Town" ball kid applicants have two option:
Option 1: Train at an Approved Training Site that has been approved by the BNP Paribas Open Ball Kids Committee. Each site will schedule a minimum of (4) training sessions and the kids will be expected to attend and complete (3) training sessions. Kids will also be required to attend one of the " Final Run Through and Orientation" session on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3 held at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, CA.
Option 2: Attend training sessions on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. All kids that slect this option must be 14 years old and will be able to participate March 4-March 11.
7. Uniforms will be distributed during the Mandatory Orientation Sessions held March 2 and March 3.
HOW TO SIGN-UP TO BECOME A BNP PARIBAS OPEN BALL KID
1. The 2013 Ball Kid Registration is now closed. Please check back in October for information on 2014.
2. Download and print the 2013 Ball Kids Training Manual.
3. Upon receipt of your application form you will receive an email providing information on how to complete the online assessment.
4. A notice will be sent to you to confirming your passing of the assessment and instructions to register for shiftboard.com where all sessions will be scheduled.
5. All "Out of Town" ball kid applicants must contact Adam Jasick at email@example.com directly to discuss our policies regarding, work schedules, chaperones and training requirements.
6. Download and print the Ball Kid Permission Waiver and Code of Conduct forms and each Ball Kid will need to bring them to their first training session. Without these forms, kids will not be allowed to participate in training sessions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Adam Jasick, Program Director at (760) 200-8200 with questions or further information.
Be A Ballperson
Be Part of the Action
Click here to see what it is like to be a ballperson at BNP Paribas Open.
Video: Becoming a ball girl