ITWA Awards BNP Paribas Open
Indian Wells, CA
by Tournament Staff|
ITWA members were asked to vote for one Grand Slam tournament and one non-Grand Slam event. There were votes for all four Grand Slams and for 16 non-Grand Slams, but Melbourne and Indian Wells were the clear winners.
The awards were presented to Craig Tiley, the Tournament Director of the Australian Open, and DeeDee Felich, Assistant Tournament Director of the BNP Paribas Open, at a reception in New York hosted by ITWA and sponsored by Credit Suisse. Brad Drewett, the Executive President and Chairman of the Association of Tennis Professionals, was among the guests at the reception.
Sebastian Fest, one of ITWA’s co-presidents, said: “Many awards are presented to players, including our own Ambassador of the Year awards, but we wanted to honour those tournaments that provide the best working environment for journalists. The Australian Open and Indian Wells are very worthy winners. Both recognise the importance of working together with the media for the benefit of everyone within tennis. We are also very grateful to Credit Suisse for their support.”
- A Portion of October Ticket Sales Donated to the Eisenhower Schnitzer/Novak Breast Center
- Daily Doubles and Daily Tickets Now On Sale
- 2014 Mini and Group Packages Now On Sale
- Final Structural Beam Hoisted atop New Stadium 2
- Fila Donates $48,000 in Apparel and Footwear to Armed Services YMCA Twentynine Palms
- Nadal Makes Masters 1000 History; Notches 600th Win
Join Our Email List
Receive All The Action
Sign up for the Latest News & Offers from the 2014 BNP Paribas Open Go